WordPress officially announced its latest version Babo. Obviously, the new version brings lots of new things as per users as well as developers points of view. And because we have to stay up to date with the new version that brings more security features to keep your website secure.
Does WordPress 5.0 breaks everything?
Don’t panic about it. You just need few checks before updating to WordPress 5.0 version.
- Update Theme and Plugins – Make sure to update your theme and plugins before updating to WordPress 5.0 version.
- Clear Browser Cache & Cookies – Clean your browser cache and cookies data and re-login to your WordPress dashboard.
- Flushing Cache – If you are using any cache plugin then you need to purge all the cache data through the plugin. Flush any type of cache data that you might be running through plugins, browser cache, server-side cache, or content network cache as well such as Cloudflare.
- Delete Managed host cache – Most often Manages WP hosting has special caches. If your host has a “Purge Varnish” or “Flush Memcache” tool, try that. You can ask your provider to flush memcache and Varnish for you if necessary.
- Deactivating all the plugins – The issue could be related to the plugin. Deactivating all the plugins to see if it fix your issue. If you find it works, then re-activate your plugins one by one until you find an exact plugin that causes the issue.
- For theme related issue – To check the theme related issue, you have to switch to the latest Twenty Nineteen theme. If you are not able to login to the WordPress dashboard then use the FTP or cPanel and rename the theme folder that you can find at /wp-content/themes.
Need Experts Help?
We are ready 24/7 to provide you a better support.