There is no doubt that WordPress is one of the most popular and widely used CMS ( Content Management System ). It is very handly and modular to create your website or the blogging platform. In this article, we are going to learn disabling comments on WordPress posts and pages. In some particular situations, we don’t require the comment section for a specific post or page. WordPress has many ways to handle comments for posts and pages such as:
- Disable comments on specific posts
- Disable comments on specific pages
- Disable comments on all the pages
You can pick either of it, depends on the user’s requirements.
Disable Comments For Specific Posts / Pages in WordPres
Let’s start by disabling comments for a published post or you can either choose the same settings for the post that about to publish.
- Login to WordPress dashboard
- Open the specific post or page that you want to disable the comments.
- If you are using the Gutenberg the navigate the Discussion tab on the right-side options and un-check the Allow Comments option to disable comment.
- For Classic Editor find the Screen Options to enable the Discussion box and un-check the Allow Comments option.
WordPress Disable Comment Through Gutenberg
WordPress Disable Comments Through Classic Editor
Disable comments on all of your WordPress website
WordPress helps you to disable comments on your WordPress website. You can disable the comments temporarily or parmanently. Let’s go ahead and see the step by step guide.
- First, go to the Settings > Discussion menu.
- Now find the Discussion Settings and navigate the Allow people to submit comments on new post checkbox and uncheck it to disable comments.
The Discussing Settings page has a number of options that you can try. We have more options to disabling comments in a certain number of days i.e called “Automatically close comments on article older than“. You can find this option under Other comment settings. Next, make sure to enable this option and add the number of days to close comments automatically.